Friday 16 April 2010

Blogger: User Profile: Lynette Jewel

Blogger: User Profile: Lynette Jewel Hi, my name is Lynette and this is my first blog! I live in London and Somerset with my husband Richard and our two miniature schnauzers Sophie and Megan. I am a designer of handcrafted jewellery with sites on misi, folksy and etsy. I also have my own website lynettejewel.com. Making jewellery is all I think about since I started last July. I am totally obsessed! It started with a craft market in Somerset where I liked the necklaces a lady was selling. I bought two and one for my mum and talked to her about jewellery making. She said she was going to take a course but someone told her just to get a book and start from there and that is what she did. I really liked her stuff which was made of faux suede and coloured beads - very simple but very pretty. I went away and bought a book but that was no good - I need to be shown things to understand them so I booked a course with Claire Vickery (no relation) at Creative Moments in Yeovil. The course was on making suede/leather jewellery. I dragged my sister Gill along and the rest is history as they say. Since that time I have taken classes with Claire on memory wire jewellery and silver art clay. I have done a couple of craft fairs - the first didn't go too well but the second one went very well. I have some more booked for this year and of course my websites. I have moved on to making jewellery using mainly sterling silver, semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, pure silver pendants (silver art clay) and making jewellery with silver and gold plated wire. Once I have made my item I then have to photograph it and stick the photo in my book and then price it up. (That's the bit I don't like - admin ugh!). But it has to be done. One of my favourite things is to go to the bead shops - my favourite at the moment is Buffy's Beads near Carnaby Street. They have a huge amount of semi-precious stones and pearls and also Swarovski crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment