Thursday 8 March 2012

I got my foot back!

Wow it was so good when I didn't have to cover my foot in a plastic bag, wrap it in cling film and fix it with masking tape (and the water still got in) when I have a shower.  I am walking the dogs again now.  Not very far - to the playing field and back, but it is progress.  I was very lucky that my neighbour Angela helped out for 4 weeks.

Throughout it all I have still been making jewellery.  My stepdaughter Jo has changed the look of my website for me as I am such a technophobe! 

The building work is on-going.  The hall, stairs and landing are nearly finished.  Its all looking amazing.  Only the kitchen and utility room to go now!

I did a commission for my friend Penny (see picture) a necklace and matching earrings made from silver art clay (binder burns off and you are left with pure silver).  Amazing stuff.  I also made a geko in sterling silver for my stepdaughter Charlotte (she has a pet geko). 

I had a man from a blind company come round to measure up for a curtain for our front door and my assistant Megan grabbed his trousers and tore them!  A really big tear!  I was so embarrassed!  She loves to grab people's trousers as they walk past.  For anyone new to my blog my assistant Megan is a miniature schnauzer!  See previous picture of her in my studio.

I have been busy making chain from silver wire.  I made a small chain with violet pearls (picture to come next time) and haven't done anything with the larger rings yet.  I did so much hammering of the rings that I now have pain in my fingers.  I had better take some photos of my new stuff before the light goes or it rains.



No comments:

Post a Comment