Wednesday 13 February 2013

Big Birthday Coming Up! Argggghhhh

I can't believe it - I am going to be 60 on the 18th Feb.  I don't feel any different to how I felt when I was 30.  Apart of course from the aches and pains.  One good thing I have discovered is going to the cinema is now a lot cheaper!  In a couple of years I will get my bus pass and then there will be no stopping me.

I am doing palates at the village hall every Monday morning - just to try and help my aching joints.  Richard is fine and S&M are doing well.  Sophie will be 7 next month and Megan will be 6 in April.  Guess that makes them middle aged.

I have been making lots things and re-making things that don't seem to be working.  On a note from my last post.  I had a commission from a lovely lady in Switzerland, who contacted me through my advert in Vogue! So, you just never know.  I have been doing lots of commissions this year which is good.  I can't wait for my next big selling opportunity in March - I just hope it goes well.

I have been using my rolling mill a lot to texture my silver and when it snowed I did some snow casting which I heard about through my pal Gill who does a lot of it.  You basically drop molten silver into hard packed snow and see what comes out.  I also do this with water.  I think I like the water casting best as it makes more cornflake shaped pieces whereas my snow cast pieces were quite heavy and large - maybe it was the way I was doing it.  Anyway, I had a bit of a disaster!  I was melting my silver in the utility room and lost concentration and instead of dropping it in the snow tin, I dropped it on my brand new oak worktop.  The oak promptly caught fire and bits of silver went everywhere - all over the tiled floor and even outside of the back door which was open!  I was just lucky that it didn't spill on me.  I managed to put the fire out with a wet cloth but the worktop doesn't look to happy.  I found that I had a lot of tiny silver balls all over the floor - great  for doing some granulation work - look out for them in future makes!

I think me and Richard are both pyromaniacs as he was trying to reignite our log fire the other night by using a newspaper and set fire to the paper!

Anyway, enough of all that.  I am attaching some of my recent pieces - hope you like them.









2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynette
    Happy belatedly birthday from two 60-somethings at SoSensational. It's fun to still be in business instead of retiring and reaching for the cocoa and slippers!
    Long may you carry on creating such pretty silver jewellery.
    Cyndy and Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girls
      I have only just seen your comment - shows how often I blog. Must do it every week! Thanks for your lovely comments.
      Lynette

      Delete