Wednesday 29 April 2015

addicted to sand casting!!!!!

I know, it's been so long - last September.  I promised I would write up this blog every month, so much for that!

Every January I teach myself something new.  This year it was sandcasting.  I got out my books, watched some videos on youtube, bought my supplies from Cookies and away I went. 

My husband helped me, mostly in the beginning when I was scared of the molten silver but I mostly manage on my own now.  I am constantly on the lookout for things to cast including shells, twigs, pebbles, rocks, buttons, charms - just about anything. 

I am getting better now at getting things right but still manage to end up with half a ring most of the time.  I have found buttons and shells the easiest things to start with.  I am avoiding rings as after 4 attempts and no success it is very disheartening!

I am attaching some photos of my latest work.  I have lots of events coming up. In May I am doing the Salisbury Artisan Market on 3rd, The Kings' School Fayre, Winchester on the 16th and the Watercress Festival on the 17th.  I'll let you know how they go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment